Our delivery volume will spike dramatically during the holiday season, and you may experience delays, particularly during peak periods. Here are some tips to avoid service delays:
1) Place large orders in the early morning, preferably before 9:00 AM. We are open 24 hours a day. Our peak periods are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. If we are extremely busy, pickup times can slow down. Trucking deliveries are generally slower because of traffic delays and security checks.
2) If you are planning a large batch of gift deliveries, it helps to have one-day advance notice. For any delivery project with 10 or more addresses, you can just email us a spreadsheet and we’ll upload it directly into our system. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and get more information at http://breakawaycourier.com/bulk-deliveries.
3) Label your packages completely. Packages that are not completely labeled languish in the company mailroom. Always include the recipient's full name, company name, room number, address and phone number. With post-9/11 security, many office buildings will not accept packages without complete information on delivery labels. Also include your return address on the package.
4) Call ahead to the delivery point to make sure someone is there to receive your package. If you order an evening delivery, make sure the receiving party is open past 5:00 PM. It might make more sense to schedule the delivery for the following morning.
5) Don't procrastinate! Please do not wait until the last minute. Many people leave several days early, and some offices close for the entire week of Christmas, so it’s best to complete deliveries by Friday, December 15, 2017.
Enjoy the holidays!